A small round down of my previous year:
- Got turned down by Slack: Basically applied to Slack and everything went OK but I suck at interviews; I think I don’t know how to sell myself properly and was turned down. No hard feelings though, they felt I wasn’t a good fit for the team and they got to do what’s best for the team.
- Changed jobs: I left
Log(n)around September and started working on an AMAZING job 🍻 related called
- Travelled to Belfast (new job’s HQ are located in Belfast)
- Got to finally meet in person Ash Furrow, Orta, Chris Eidhof, Agnes Vasarhelyi, Veronica Ray among many other great developers.
- Got shortlisted for
SwiftSummitin San Francisco and even wrote a blog post for them that I think hasn’t been publish (will probably release it on my blog)
- Started contributing more to open source; helping with
SwiftSSH2, DeckRocket, XcodeServerSDK,
NaughtyKeyboardand some others which helped me not only learn a lot but to get to know a lot of people from ALL over the world 🌍🌎🌏
- Made a lot of Twitter/Internet friends which I think is one of the MOST amazing things from last year; if you are reading this and you are one of my new interwebz friend: 👋 hello! Really appreciate being friends with you 😄
- Finally organized a
CraftKollectivestarted moving again and we are on the path towards generating business! 🎉
- Configured Cloudflare on my website and now is faster and more secure by defaulting to
- Moved to a new house: My girldfriend and I moved to a bigger house, located in a gated community (which is great for when our son starts playing outside with friends) and closer to her family. This is a huge milestone because I wasn’t 💯 happy with our previous house.
- On that note we started renting our previous house to a couple of guys that destroyed it and we are now just wanting to sell it and be done with it.
- My son is healthy and super happy 😄 He’s a bright kid and that tires us down super fast ⚡ Its super cool anyways 😄 He’ll be starting school in a couple of weeks; can’t wait for all the crazy adventures that will come.
After writing all this and re-reading my resolution’s from last year’s post I’m more than happy with how everything turned out. I really LOVE my current job and everyone I work with, also I get to write
Swift all day long and get paid to do it 🎉
All is left for this year is keep pushing my limits; last year one goal was to submit a topic to a conference, did it; this year is to actually GIVE a talk 😄
In the horizon there’s always the idea to move abroad; we’ll see how things pan out.